Ticket refunds & exchanges
Need to cancel your trip or travel another day? Here's how to change your tickets if you change your plans.
Choosing the right fare
If something comes up and you need to cancel or postpone your trip, you'll be able to get a refund or exchange depending on the type of fare you've chosen. You'll need to do this before the travel date of your original ticket.
|Refundable tickets (Flexible tickets)||Non-refundable tickets (all other fare types)|
Get a full refund
No refunds allowed
Change your ticket for free, prior to your scheduled departure date
Change your ticket for a $20 fee, prior to your scheduled departure date
RefundsGot a Flexible ticket? Find out how to get a full or partial refund.
|You can get a refund if:||You can't get a refund if:|
|yes You purchased a Flexible (refundable) fare.||no You have partially used both parts of a round-trip ticket.|
|yes You haven’t used your ticket.||no You’ve lost your ticket (if you bought your ticket online you can print another one here).|
|yes You’ve only used one half of a round-trip ticket (when the outbound OR return part of the ticket is completely unused, you’ll get the unused half of the ticket refunded).||no The bus is late (unfortunately, things like traffic, weather and mechanical problems mean we can’t guarantee our arrival or departure times). Use bustracker.greyhound.com to check the status of your bus now!|
|yes Your refund request is submitted before the travel date of your original ticket.||no You already bought a full price ticket but you’re entitled to a discounted ticket (we can’t refund you the discount – you need to ask for the discount when you buy the ticket).|
How to get a refund
If you've bought a Flexible fare and want a refund, you'll submit a refund request.
ExchangesPlans changed? No problem. You can change your ticket. Here's the deal:
If you bought a Flexible fare, changing your ticket won’t cost you anything, but changes must be made prior to your date of departure.
All other tickets
With all other fares (except Flexible) you’ll need to pay a $20 change fee and make the changes prior to your date of departure.
Other things you need to know:
- You can change the date/time, To/From locations, and passengers of your original ticket.
- Any advance purchase ticket has to stay within the requirements of advance purchase fares. You can’t change an advance ticket for a ticket that falls within holiday blackout periods.
- You’ll need to travel within a year of the date you bought your original ticket.
- You won’t be able to exchange your ticket for a commuter ticket or any other ticket program that doesn’t allow changes (we'll make it clear which programs these are when you book your ticket).
- You need to make the change request before the travel date of your original ticket.
How to exchange your ticket
Contact our customer care center at (800) 268-9000, change fees apply.