Greyhound and/or our service providers may collect and use personal information / data to enable reliable and convenient transportation, and otherwise provide the Services and operate our business with or without your consent as legally permitted. Without limitation, we use the personal information / data we collect:
- To provide transaction and travel confirmation communications.
- To enhance the customer experience including through personalization.
- For customer support, such as responding to your questions and concerns (which may include use of transcripts or recordings collected from chats or customer service calls).
- To facilitate our marketing programs including offers, targeted advertisements, promotions or contests.
- For research, development, and analytical purposes.
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services.
- In connection with legal proceedings.
- As otherwise disclosed at collection.
As more fully set forth in the Information Disclosure Section below, Greyhound may disclose your personal information / data to third parties (i) at your direction or with your consent; (ii) as part of a merger, asset sale, restructuring or similar transaction; or (iii) with third parties who are authorized by Greyhound as a service provider or otherwise.
Greyhound uses the personal information / data it collects for purposes including, without limitation:
1. Providing services and features
Greyhound uses the personal information / data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes, without limitation, using the information to:
- Enable transportation and other services.
- Provide offers and discounts.
- Verify your identity.
- Process or facilitate payments for those services.
- To track the progress of your ride and notify you of when you will be arriving at a station.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver or refer a friend to Greyhound.
- Enable features to personalize your Greyhound experience such as to enable quick access to previous destinations.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2. Safety and security
We use your personal information / data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, in certain countries, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases, such incidents may lead to deactivation or reservation cancellation. We may also use video surveillance to monitor security in stations and vehicles, subject to applicable law, which used by our personnel, vendors, and law enforcement for safety and security purposes.
3. Customer support
Greyhound uses the personal information / data we collect (including recordings of customer support calls and chat feature transcripts after notice of recording to you) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person.
- Investigate and address your concerns.
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and train our personnel.
4. Research and development
We may use the personal information / data we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to develop new features and products, improve and enhance the safety and security of our services.
5. Communications from Greyhound
Greyhound may use the personal information / data we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Greyhound may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as a member and/or User.
Customers may opt-out of any commercial emails by selecting “unsubscribe” in any commercial email communication.
6. Market Our Services
Greyhound may use the personal information / data we collect to market our services, including to provide you personalized content and experiences on our Services, to deliver offers, when you participate in promotions or contests, or for other marketing purposes using tracking technologies and analytics tools described in the Cookies and Third-Party Technologies and Services Section below.
7. Partner Usage of Personal Information / Data
Our partners may collect information directly from your device, such as your IP address, device ID, and information about your browser or operating system; may combine personal and non-personal information about you with information from other sources; and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. This activity enables them to identify you to facilitate the delivery of marketing on our behalf. To opt-out of third-party interest-based advertising cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices. See our Cookie Statement below for more about your choices regarding cookies and third-party services. Residents of certain U.S. states have additional opt-out rights described in our U.S. State Notice below.
8. Corporate Transactions
Greyhound may use personal information / data as part of a corporate transaction, such as to comply with requests of a prospective or an actual purchaser or financier interested in our companies and other assets, including in connection with an asset sale, merger, change of control, bankruptcy, or similar transaction, or due diligence related to such transactions.
9. Legal proceedings and requirements
As permitted by applicable law, Greyhound reserves the right, without limitation to collect and use information necessary to investigate or address claims, or disputes relating to your use of Greyhound Services, or as requested by regulators, government entities and official inquiries or by legal process.
10. In a De-identified, Anonymized, or Aggregated Format
Depending on the applicable law, when converted to a de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated format, personal information / data may no longer constitute personal information / data and we may use this information for any business purpose not prohibited by applicable law.
11. With Your Consent
Depending on the applicable law, we may use your personal information / data for any other purposes for which you consent, or for which we give notice at collection, the whole in accordance with applicable law.