When you book your trip, make sure you tell us if you’re traveling with a wheelchair or mobility scooter, and if you plan to sit in it during your journey. If you're booking online, you can select this when you enter the number of passengers.
All of our buses are equipped with a wheelchair lift to help you get on board. Each Greyhound bus can fit two passengers sitting in a wheelchair or mobility scooter (we actually remove seats to give you plenty of space). So we suggest you book your ticket as far in advance as possible to get one of the two spots on your preferred journey.
If you want to travel sitting in your wheelchair or mobility scooter, that’s OK with us. If you want to board the bus in your wheelchair and then sit in a regular seat, please let us know and we will stow the device.
The maximum weight and size of a wheelchair or mobility scooter that we can accept are:
- Weight including the passenger can range from 600 lb (272 kg) to 1000 lb (453 kg)
- Wheelchair dimensions of 30 x 48 inches (76 cm x 121 cm)
- Wheelchair dimensions of 30 by 48 inches (76 cm by 121 cm)
- Mobility scooter with dimensions of 30 x 30 x 48 inches (76 x 76 x 122 cm)
- Mobility scooter with dimensions of 30 by 30 by 48 inches (76 by 76 by 122 cm)
- Buses traveling cross border between US and Canada have the following weight range of 600 lb (272 kg) to 660 lb (299kg).
This is due to the maximum limits of the wheelchair lift. If your wheelchair or mobility scooter doesn't fit within the dimensions above, it will need to be stored in the baggage compartment underneath the bus. While most of our buses are equipped with a power outlet for charging personal devices such as your laptop or tablet, our power outlets do not support charging mobility scooters.
Greyhound will secure all wheelchairs but will not deny transportation if a device cannot be secured or restrained as required by law.