Choosing the right fare
If something comes up and you need to cancel or postpone your trip, you'll be able to get a refund or exchange depending on the type of fare you've chosen. You'll need to do this before the date of your original ticket.
|Refundable tickets (Flexible tickets)||Non-refundable tickets (all other fare types)|
Get a full refund
No refunds allowed
Exchange your ticket to another date or time for free
Exchange your ticket for another date or time for a $20 fee
RefundsGot a Flexible ticket? Find out how to get a full or partial refund.
|You can get a refund if:||You can't get a refund if:|
|yes You purchased a Flexible (refundable) fare||no You have partially used both parts of a round-trip ticket.|
|yes You haven’t used your ticket.||no You’ve lost your ticket (if you bought your ticket online you can print another one here).|
|yes You’ve only used one half of a round-trip ticket (when the outbound OR return part of the ticket is completely unused, you’ll get the unused half of the ticket refunded).||no The bus is late (unfortunately, things like traffic, weather and mechanical problems mean we can’t guarantee our arrival or departure times). Use bustracker.greyhound.com to check the status of your bus now!|
|yes If you spot a lower fare for the same journey (if you have a Flexible ticket, you'll get a full refund).||no You already bought a full price ticket but you’re entitled to a discounted ticket (we can’t refund you the discount – you need to ask for the discount when you buy the ticket).|
How to get a refund
If you've bought a Flexible fare and want a refund, you'll need to send us your original ticket(s), along with your written refund request. Please send these to:
Greyhound Lines, Inc.
P.O. Box 660691, MS 470
Dallas, TX 75266-0691
If you have any other questions about refunds, you can use our online form to get in touch:
ExchangesPlans changed? No problem. You can swap your ticket for a different travel date or time. Here's the deal:
If you bought a Flexible ticket, changing the date or time you travel won’t cost you anything.
All other tickets
With all other tickets (except Flexible) you’ll need to pay a $20 change fee, per ticket, prior to your date of departure.
Other things you need to know:
- You can only change the date and time of your trip, not where you’re getting on the bus or your destination.
- Any advance purchase ticket has to stay within the requirements of advance purchase fares. You can’t change an advance ticket for a ticket that falls within holiday blackout periods.
- You’ll need to travel within a year of the date you bought your original ticket.
- You won’t be able to exchange your ticket for a commuter ticket or any other ticket program that doesn’t allow changes (we'll make it clear which programs these are when you book your ticket).
- You need to make the exchange request before the travel date of your original ticket.
How to exchange your ticket
You can exchange your ticket at any Greyhound station, before the date of travel.