Effective: February 22, 2023
THESE TERMS CONSTITUTE A BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND US. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THROUGH ALL SECTIONS OF THESE TERMS. YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE IS SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS AND ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE IF YOU VIOLATE THESE TERMS. BY CLICKING ON LINKS WITHIN THE SITE OR WEBPAGES BEYOND THE SITE’S HOMEPAGE OR BY CLICKING ON A BOX OR ICON YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS WHETHER OR NOT YOU COMPLETE A TRANSACTION WITH US AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION ON THE SITE OR THROUGH OTHER CHANNELS, SUCH AS BY TELEPHONE, EMAIL, FACSIMILE OR OTHERWISE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE SITE, ANY SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE, OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE.
CLASS ACTION WAIVER. These Terms contain a mandatory (binding) class action waiver. Except where prohibited by applicable law, you agree that you waive your right to participate in a class action lawsuit or class-wide arbitration, including as a class representative. For more details, see below.
We may make changes to the content available on the Site at any time. We can change, update, add, or remove provisions of these Terms at any time by posting the updated Terms on the Site. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of any material changes to these Terms, however, we are not obligated to. You waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes to these Terms. By using the Site after we have updated the Terms, you are agreeing to the then-current Terms. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms.
In addition to these Terms, your use of certain Services may be governed by additional agreements.
3. Accessing the Site and Services
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Site, and any Services or Materials (defined below) we provide on the Site, in our sole discretion and without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, in our sole discretion and without notice, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
- Ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and comply with them.
To access the Site or certain of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Site that all the information you provide on the Site is correct, current, and complete, and that you have the authority to provide such information to us.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Site or portions of it using your username, password, or other security information. You shall bear the entire risk for any use thereof, whether you have authorized such use and whether or not you are negligent. If you permit other persons to use your computer or mobile device, login information or any other means to access the Services, you will be held responsible for any transactions they undertake, and we will not be liable for any damages resulting to you.
You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you sign out of or exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any username, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms.
4. Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
5. Proprietary Rights and Your Use of the Site
Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, all information and screens appearing on this Site are the sole property of us or our subsidiaries and affiliates, and other parties. We provide content through the Site that is copyrighted or contains protectable trademarks of us or our third-party licensors and suppliers (collectively, the “Materials”). Materials may include documents, services, software, site design, text, graphics, logos, video, images, icons, and other content, as well as the arrangement thereof.
Subject to these Terms, we hereby grant to you a revocable, limited, personal, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to use, view, print, display, and download the Materials for the sole purpose of viewing them on a stand-alone personal computer or mobile device and to use this Site solely for your personal use. Except for the foregoing license and as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, you have no other rights in the Site or any Materials and you may not modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance, or in any way exploit any of the Site or Materials in any manner or for any purpose that would constitute infringement of our, our licensors’, or the Site’s other user’s intellectual property rights. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Non-private or commercial use of the Site and Materials is not permitted. Use of any information on the Site for the purpose of reselling tickets is prohibited. Additionally, the use of automated systems to extract data from the Site for commercial use (“screen scraping”) is prohibited. If you operate a price comparison website, then you must contact us and enter into a separate written agreement with us to receive, process, and publish our prices and timetables.
If you breach any of these Terms, the above license will terminate automatically and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Materials. We may additionally take any and all legal measures to compensate us for damages and/or prohibit you from taking such actions.
6. Your Communications to the Site
By forwarding any content or communications to us through the Site or by other electronic means, you thereby grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid-up, world-wide, irrevocable, non‑exclusive, freely transferable, and freely sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, redistribute, and display such content and communications in any form for the purposes of providing the Services and any purpose tangentially related to the Services. No compensation will be paid to you with respect to our or our sublicensees’ use of your communications. By providing or submitting content, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to your submitted content and communications as described in this section, including all the rights necessary for you to submit the content and communications and grant the license above.
7. Electronic Communications
By using the Site and/or the Services, you consent to receiving electronic communications, including electronic notices, from us. These electronic communications may include notices about applicable fees and charges, transactional information and other information concerning or related to the Site and/or Materials. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
8. Permitted Uses
By accessing or using the Site, you agree that:
- Your use of the Site is subject to and governed by these Terms;
- You will only access or use the Site and transact business with us if you are at least eighteen (18) years old;
- You will use the Site solely for the Services offered in the normal course of business;
- You will always act in accordance with the law and custom, and in good faith;
- You will comply with and be bound by these Terms as they appear on the Site each time you access and use the Site;
- Each use of the Site by you indicates and confirms your agreement to be bound by these Terms; and
- These Terms are a legally binding agreement between you and us that will be enforceable against you.
You further agree to not use the Site in any way that:
- Changes or alters the Site or content or Services that may appear on the Site;
- Impairs in any way the integrity or operation of the Site;
- Interferes with or induces a breach of the contractual relationships between us and our employees or representatives;
- Is in any way unlawful or prohibited, or that is harmful or destructive to anyone or their property;
- Transmits any advertisements, solicitations, schemes, spam, flooding, or other unsolicited email and commercial communications;
- Transmits any harmful or disabling computer codes or viruses;
- Harvests email addresses from the Site;
- Transmits unsolicited email to the Site or to anyone whose email address includes the domain name of the Site;
- Interferes with our network services;
- Attempts to gain unauthorized access to our network services;
- Suggests an express or implied affiliation or relationship with us without our express written permission;
- Impairs or limits our ability to operate the Site or any other person’s ability to access and use the Site;
- Unlawfully impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Transmits or uploads violent, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory, hateful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable content or images;
- Dilutes or depreciates our or any of our affiliates’ name and reputation;
- Transmits or uploads content or images that infringe upon any third party’s intellectual property rights or right to privacy;
- Causes to appear any pop-up, pop-under, exit windows, expanding buttons, banner advertisements, or anything else which minimizes, covers, or otherwise inhibits the full display of the Site;
- Allows you to use, access, copy, acquire information, generate impressions or clicks, input information, store information, search, generate searches, or monitor the Site with any deep-link, screen-scrape, robot, crawl, index, spider, click spam, macro programs, Internet agent, or other automatic device, program algorithm, or methodology; or
- Unlawfully transmits or uploads any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information.
We have no obligation, but maintain the right, to monitor the Site. This list of prohibited activities provides examples and is not complete or exclusive. We reserve the right to terminate access to your account and/or your ability to use this Site (or the Materials) with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that we determine is inappropriate or disruptive to this Site or to any other user of this Site and/or Materials. We may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports we receive of such conduct. When legally required or at our discretion, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on this Site or on the Internet, which may include disclosing any information we obtain. In addition, we may disclose information we obtain as necessary or appropriate to operate or improve the Site, to protect us and/or our Site users, or for any other purpose that the law permits.
9. User Contributions
The Site may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, record, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Site.
All User Contributions must comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms.
Any User Contribution you post to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Site, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, record, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
- All of your User Contributions do and will comply with these Terms.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not us, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Site.
10. Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any User Contribution that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Contribution violates the Terms, including the Content Standards, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or could create liability for us.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site for any reason, including any violation of these Terms.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS US AND OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot review all material before it is posted on the Site, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
11. Content Standards
These content standards apply to all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
12. Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Site may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by us, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect our opinion. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
13. Third-Party Links
14. Online Purchases and Other Terms and Conditions
All purchases through our Site, formed through the Site, or resulting from visits made by you, are governed by our Terms & Conditions of Purchase and Terms & Conditions of Travel which are hereby incorporated into these Terms.
Additional terms and conditions may also apply to specific portions, services, or features of the Site. All such additional terms and conditions are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms.
15. App Stores
You acknowledge and agree that the availability of our mobile applications may be dependent on the third party from which you received the application’s license, e.g., the Apple iPhone or Android app stores (“App Store”). You acknowledge and agree that these Terms are between you and us and not with the App Store and that we are responsible for the provision of Services as described in these Terms. However, if you downloaded the mobile applications from the Apple App Store, Apple and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms. Upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple shall have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof. These Terms incorporate by reference Apple’s Licensed Application End User License Agreement, for purposes of which, you are “the end-user.” In the event of a conflict in the terms of the Licensed Application End User License Agreement and these Terms, these Terms will control.
16. Linking to the Site and Social Media Features
You may link to our Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent. In addition, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Site or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
- Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on this Site that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Terms.
The website from which you are linking, or on which you make certain content accessible, must comply in all respects with the Content Standards set out in these Terms. You agree to cooperate with us to stop any unauthorized framing or linking immediately. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We may disable all or any links at any time in our sole discretion and without notice.
17. Minimum Age
We do not allow persons under the age of eighteen (18) to use the Site. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are eighteen (18) years of age or over.
18. Disclaimer of Warranties
Your use of this Site is at your own risk. The Materials have not been verified or authenticated in whole or in part by us, and they may include inaccuracies or typographical or other errors. We do not warrant the accuracy or timeliness of the Materials contained on this Site. We have no liability for any errors or omissions in the Materials, whether provided by us, our licensors or suppliers or other users.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW AND EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN OR ON THE SITE, THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE AND ANY REFERENCED THIRD-PARTY SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ANY THIRD-PARTY GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDED ARE SUPPLIED AS A CONVENIENCE TO YOU AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE SPONSORSHIP, AFFILIATION, PARTNERSHIP, OR ENDORSEMENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, ANY CONTENT, OR OTHER POSTED MATERIALS ON THE SITE IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
BY PROVIDING THE SERVICES ON THE SITE, WE DO NOT IN ANY WAY PROMISE THAT THE SERVICES WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE TO YOU. WE ARE ENTITLED TO TERMINATE ALL OR PART OF ANY OF THE SITE AT ANY TIME, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
19. Limitation of Liability
WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT (100%) OF THE TIME BECAUSE PUBLIC NETWORKS, SUCH AS THE INTERNET, OCCASIONALLY EXPERIENCE DISRUPTIONS. ALTHOUGH WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE MOST RELIABLE WEBSITE REASONABLY POSSIBLE, INTERRUPTIONS AND DELAYS IN ACCESSING THE SITE ARE UNAVOIDABLE AND WE DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, AND ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE GREATER OF THE PRICE OF THE SERVICES PURCHASED IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE INCIDENT OR FIFTY DOLLARS ($50).
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THE SITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us and our affiliates, employees, agents, representatives and third-party service providers, for any and all claims, demands, actions, liability, fines, penalties and expenses that may arise from any of your acts through the use of the Site. Such acts may include: (i) providing content to or communicating with us or our affiliates; (ii) unauthorized use of material obtained through the Site; (iii) engaging in a prohibited activity; or (iv) any other action that breaches these Terms.
21. Copyright Complaints
Greyhound respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us through the contact information provided in these Terms.
22. Injunctive Relief
You acknowledge that we may be irreparably damaged if these Terms are not specifically enforced, and damages at law would be an inadequate remedy. Therefore, in the event of a breach or threatened breach of any provision of these Terms by you, we shall be entitled to an injunction restraining such breach or threatened breach and/or to an order from the court for specific performance of the provisions of these Terms, without being required to show any actual damage or to post an injunction bond. For purposes of this Section, you agree that any action or proceeding with regard to such injunction restraining such breach or threatened breach shall be brought in the state or federal courts located in Texas. You consent to the jurisdiction of such court and waive any objection to the laying of venue of any such action or proceeding in such court. You agree that service of any court paper may be effected on such party by mail or in such other manner as may be provided under applicable laws, rules of procedure or local rules.
23. Class Action Waiver
Most concerns can be resolved quickly and to your satisfaction by contacting us as set forth in the “Questions” section below.
In the event that we are not able to resolve a dispute, and with the exception of the claims for injunctive relief by us as described above and to the extent allowed by law, you hereby agree that any dispute, claim, or cause of action (“Claim”), whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, shall be brought on an individual (non-class) basis. You may seek relief for a Claim within the scope of its jurisdiction so long as the action does not seek to certify a class or combine the claims of multiple persons.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. AS PART OF THIS WAIVER, YOU AGREE THAT CLAIMS BROUGHT BY OR AGAINST YOU MAY NOT BE JOINED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH CLAIMS BROUGHT BY OR AGAINST ANY OTHER PERSON.
24. Other Terms
Merger. These Terms (which hereby incorporate by reference any other provisions applicable to use of the Site) constitutes the entire agreement between you and us and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications, promises and proposals, whether oral, written or electronic, between you and us with respect to the Sites and information, software, products and services associated with it.
Severability. These Terms apply to the greatest extent allowed by applicable law. If any term or provision in these Terms is found to be void, against public policy, or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction and such finding or order becomes final with all appeals exhausted, then the offending provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable. If the offending provision cannot be so modified, then the same shall be deemed stricken from these Terms in its entirety and the remainder of these Terms shall survive with the said offending provision eliminated.
Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, excluding its conflicts of law rules, and the United States of America. You agree that any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of these Terms shall be governed by the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Texas, except where the jurisdiction is mandated by applicable law.
No Waiver. No failure, omission or delay on our part in exercising any right under these Terms will preclude any other further exercise of that right or other right under these Terms.
Headings. Provision and section headings are for convenience of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms.
Typographical Errors. Information on the Site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We attempt to make the Site’s postings as accurate as possible, but we do not warrant the content of the Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
If you have any questions or comments about these Terms or this Site, please contact us by email at email@example.com. You also may write to us at:
Greyhound Lines, Inc.
P.O. Box 660362
Dallas, Texas 75266-0362