Your rights & rules on board
We want to get you from A to B feeling safe and happy. So there are few rules we need to share with you.
We have no room for discrimination
Our comfy leather seats don’t discriminate and neither do we. We’re not concerned about your race, your color, what you believe or where you’re from. We just want to get you safely to your destination.
No person or group of persons shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For more details see our Title VI Notice to Beneficiarie. (English Title VI Notice to Beneficiaries / Spanish Title VI Notice to Beneficiaries)
Got a complaint?
If you feel you have been discriminated against by a member of Greyhound staff for any of the above reasons while riding with us, we take this very seriously. You can read our discrimination policy for more information. (English Title VI Program / Spanish Title VI Program) You may file a complaint by completing the Title VI Complaint form.
Need more information?For more information on Greyhound's civil rights program and the procedure to file a complaint, you may contact customer service at 214-849-7402 or you may write to the following address:
Greyhound Lines, Inc.
PO Box 660362-0362
Dallas, TX 75266-0362
If your English is limited…that's ok!
We want to make sure all our customers have proper access to Greyhound services, information and benefits. So if your English is limited, we’ll do everything we can to help you when you ride with us or use our facilities. You can find out more about this in our English Limited English Proficiency Plan / Spanish Limited English Proficiency Plan, which outlines how we're making our services more accessible to people who speak other languages.
A few dos and don’ts for riding Greyhound
We have a few rules to help us keep everyone safe and happy on board (including you) so please respect these rules when you ride with us:
- Please stay in your seat while the bus is moving (unless going to the on-board restroom, of course). We want you to enjoy your trip but also have to look out for your safety.
- There's no smoking allowed on the bus (it’s against federal law). But don’t worry, our buses make frequent scheduled stops so you can have a smoke outside.
- Please don’t take photos, video or make audio recordings of Greyhound staff, equipment or procedures (most of us haven’t been to acting school and just want to do our jobs).
- Absolutely no alcohol, drugs or weapons anywhere on the bus (including in your under the bus baggage).
- This is a stickler for us – no unruly behavior on the bus. No shouting, being loud, or generally disturbing the driver or other passengers. Just chill out, be nice and enjoy the ride.
- We don’t let animals on board (not even Greyhound puppies). The only exception is legitimate service animals riding together with a disabled person. For more information, see our Customers with Disabilities page.