Taking care of our customers and employees is our #1 priority. Our team continues to work hard to make sure we are all staying safe together.
- Federal law requires all customers wear a mask covering the nose and mouth while at our facilities and onboard our buses
- Masks must also be worn between sips and bites when customers are eating or drinking
- Refusal to wear a mask is a violation of Federal law and may result in denial of boarding or removal from our facilities or buses and passengers may also be subject to penalties
- We have increased the cleaning frequency of high touch areas using a CDC recommended disinfectant
- We ozonate each of our buses, a process that has been proven to kill viruses, including COVID-19
- We have increased the availability of hand sanitizers for customers and employees
- Cabin Air is continuously replaced every 5 minutes with fresh outside air maximizing the circulation of fresh air inside the cabin
- Depending on the route, our buses may make multiple stops along the way, enabling more fresh air to circulate in the cabin
- At our facilities, customers have easy to access outdoor areas
- We understand you may be hesitant to plan travel in advance right now
- To help ease those concerns, we are offering the option of postponing your travel plans if you have concerns related to the pandemic
- No cancellation or change fee would apply
- In addition to the federal law which requires all customers and employees over 2 years old to wear a mask, face masks with values or vents, gaiters, bandanas and plastic shields (by themselves) are not accepted as approved face coverings under the same federal law.
- If you don’t have an approved face covering of your own, see how to make one here.
- If you aren’t able to bring your own face covering or if yours is damaged in route, you can ask your driver or one of our other Greyhound team members for a mask and they will be glad to assist.
- Our employees are wearing approved masks in our terminals and our drivers are wearing masks on board while scanning tickets and interacting with customers.
People with disabilities who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, for reasons related to the disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.) may request an exception in advance and provide proof for the need for an exemption.
If you would like to claim an exemption to the Federal mask law you are required to contact the Greyhound ADA Compliance Department with the following documentation, at least 24 hours prior to travel, at ADA.Support@greyhound.com or 214-777-6050.
You will be required to provide:
- Current medical documentation from a qualified healthcare provider which identifies the disability and how the disability prevents you, the passenger, from wearing a mask and whether there is any action that can be taken which would allow you to wear a mask; and,
- Evidence of a negative COVID-19 test taken no earlier than five days prior to planned travel.
If you are planning to travel round trip, and the start date of your return trip falls outside the five days since taking your initial COVID-19 test, you will need to apply for a new certificate including producing a new negative COVID-19 test taken in the last 5 days.
You should allow at least 18 hours for your request to be processed. If you have not received a response from the ADA Compliance Department within 18 hours after submission, you may call or email to check on status.
If the request is approved by the Greyhound ADA Compliance Department to travel without wearing a mask, a certificate will be issued which you must provide to Greyhound staff in any terminal and on any bus which you enter without a mask.
Failure to present this certificate and not wearing a mask will result in being removed from the bus/terminal and denied travel.
If you are issued a certificate and travel without wearing a mask you must sit in the front seat(s) designated for customers with disabilities, you also must socially distance in the terminal and on the bus and you may be required to travel on another schedule as designated by Greyhound to allow social distancing on the bus.
- We’ve increased wipe down frequency in our facilities and onboard to ensure better protection at every touchpoint.
- We ozonate our buses – a sanitation process proven to destroy virus and kill COVID-19.
- Sanitizers are widely available in our facilities and onboard to ensure everyone has access to clean their hands and make spaces safer.
- We work with health officials to identify buses if there are any reports of possible COVID-19 exposure. Those buses are fully decontaminated before returning to service.
We’re committed to making your bus trip safe throughout your journey.
Additionally, at each stop, bus doors are opened to pull in even more fresh air. At stops longer than 10 minutes, customers are welcome to get off the bus and enjoy the fresh air.
We understand you may have concerns about travel and we’d like to ease any worries you may have by offering the option for to postpone your travel plans because of concerns related to coronavirus.
How does it work?
- We are offering the ability to cancel your trip without a fee and we’ll give you an eVoucher for the value of the ticket.
- Request to postpone your trip in 2 easy steps:
- Request your voucher by completing the eVoucher request form. You will receive an email in 3-4 days containing the details of your eVoucher
- When you are ready to travel at a later date, call our call center to book your upcoming trip using your voucher. When you are ready to travel at a later date, call our call center to book your upcoming trip using your voucher
Click here to request an eVoucher
- Original ticket must be booked as Economy or Economy Extra fare for travel through April 30, 2021
- Requests must be made at least 1 day prior to the scheduled departure date
- Voucher amount will be the total of original fare
- Any fare difference between the voucher and the fare of the new travel dates would be the responsibility of the passenger
- Original ticket must have been issued by Greyhound
- Original ticket cannot have been paid with cash or with our Sezzle payment option
- Voucher must be redeemed within one year of issue date
- Voucher can only be redeemed via our call center