Terms and Conditions of Purchase & Carriage
Tickets are limited as endorsed and are non-transferable. The unauthorized resale of Greyhound tickets is strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted. No reservations are accepted unless expressly stated otherwise. Tickets are valid ONLY for the schedule, date and time for which purchased. Greyhound is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Ticket sales are limited to six per purchaser.
Fares & Fees
Fares are valid ONLY for the schedule, date and time for which quoted. Discount fares are subject to date, time and schedule restrictions. Fares may be subject to additional charges including taxes, fees and carrier price differences. For non-refundable and advance purchase tickets, departure dates and times may be changed for a fee provided that advance purchase requirements are not violated (including holiday blackout restriction) and all transactions and travel are completed within a year of the original purchase date. Request for exchanges must be made prior to the original travel date; otherwise, the ticket will be null and void. Exchange of tickets must be processed at a terminal location. Web fares can change. Peak and holiday travel blackouts may apply. All unrestricted one-way and round trip tickets are good for one year from the date of sale, provided that exchange or refund is made prior to scheduled travel date; otherwise, the ticket will be null and void. Fares are payable in U.S. dollars only unless stated otherwise. More information on specific fare classes and restrictions can be found at the Greyhound ticket office and on this website.
Refunds & upgrades
For refundable tickets only, unused one-way and round-trip walk-up fare tickets have a refund value equal to the fare paid, unless otherwise expressly stated on the ticket. Advance purchase discount fares are non-refundable and may be upgraded to a walk-up fare for a charge of $20 per transaction plus the difference between the advance purchase fare and the walk-up fare; provided, however, that if the walk-up fare is less than the advance purchase fare, no refund will be given. Origin and/or destination may NOT be changed via upgrade.
Important information regarding print at home tickets
- Print ticket(s) before arriving and proceed directly to boarding area.
- Each passenger must present a ticket and a valid photo ID to board the bus.
- Tickets are nontransferable. If presented for transportation by any person other than the person for whom originally purchased, the ticket will be void and may be confiscated.
- If a passenger has chosen to receive a Print at Home ticket, it is solely the passenger’s responsibility to print the ticket in advance of travel.
- Each passenger must have a separate travel document and each trip must have a separate travel document. Do not print multiple tickets on one page or on the back of a page.
Student discount fares require a Student Advantage membership. Veterans Advantage discount fares require a Veterans Advantage membership. Senior citizen's fares require proof of age. Military discounts require a valid United States military ID presented upon request.
Special fares are subject to availability. If the quoted fare price is no longer available at the time of final booking, the current price will be displayed as an option.
Liability for baggage is limited by applicable tariff. All baggage must be claimed promptly upon arrival. Storage charges apply for late claimed baggage. Liability for lost or damaged interstate checked baggage is limited to the actual value not to exceed $250 per adult ticket or $125 per child ticket. Certain articles are not accepted for carriage. Click here for a list of items which are not accepted. There is no liability for unchecked baggage. Baggage must be properly identified including name and address. Baggage claims must be supported by claim check, identification, ticket receipt and excess value declaration (if any). Claim check must be surrendered in order to obtain baggage. Ask an agent for value limitations on intrastate baggage. Carrier may open and inspect baggage.
Customers traveling in wheeled mobility devices
Any traveler who intends to travel in a wheeled mobility device is encouraged to book as far in advance as possible. This is important because seating is limited for all passengers, many trips involve multiple carriers and some schedules are reservation only. Greyhound may not be able to accommodate all customers traveling in a wheeled mobility device and each bus is limited to two passengers traveling in a wheeled mobility device. If you have questions or concerns regarding your travel contact Greyhound Customers with Disabilities Travel and Assistance Line at 1-800-752-4841.
Limitation of liability
Greyhound is responsible only for transportation on its own lines in accordance with applicable tariffs and limitations and assumes no responsibility for any acts or omissions of others, including interline partners, except as imposed by law. In no event shall carrier be liable for consequential or incidental damages for loss, damage or delay, including weather delays.
Smoking is prohibited
Passengers must have proper travel documents which may be checked at or prior to boarding an international schedule and which will be required for entry into another country.
Additional information regarding Greyhound express
- Greyhound Express is reserved seating only.
- Express purchases can be made online, over the phone or in a Greyhound terminal.
- Express tickets are non-refundable and are only good for travel on the schedule, date and time for which purchased.
- Tickets can be reissued prior to the schedule travel date for a $20 exchange fee. If the exchange request has not been made prior to scheduled travel date, the ticket will be null and void.
- Please arrive at the designated pick-up point a minimum of 20 minutes before departure time.
- If the ticket was purchased online, you must bring your photo ID and your Print at Home ticket or Will Call confirmation number.
- If a Will Call ticket was purchased, the ticket must be picked up at the ticket counter before proceeding to the coach.
For questions, please contact the Fare and Schedule Department. An agent may be reached via email at email@example.com or by phone
at (800) 231-2222.
Welcome to the Greyhound Road Rewards Program ("Program"). As a valued customer of Greyhound Lines, Inc., ("Greyhound"), we encourage you to participate in this Program. The Program began April 20, 2006 and will be administered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions ("Rules"), which will be updated from time to time. By enrolling in the Program and becoming a Program Member ("Member"), you agree to honor and abide by the following Rules:
- Members will be awarded Points ("Points") based on the online or offline fare purchased for each eligible segment traveled two (2) business days after your travel date. A segment is defined as a one-way trip on Greyhound (or participating carriers) from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Greyhound (or participating carriers) made during the trip.
To earn Points under the Program, you must:
- join by registering online and activating your account
- purchase your ticket online, by phone or in the terminal, and
- complete your trip by redeeming your ticket for travel.
Members receive the following discounts and benefits ("Road Rewards") upon reaching certain milestones in accordance with these guidelines:
Milestone One-time Benefit On-going Benefit 6 Points 15% off one (1) ticket purchase (a)
One (1) Free Companion Pass (c)
10% off all food and beverage (b) 10 Points 20% off one (1)ticket purchase (a)
One (1) Free Companion Pass (c)
10% off all food and beverage (b) 16 Points One (1) Free Trip Ticket (c) 10% off all food and beverage (b)
(a) Discounts cannot be combined with other promotions or discounted fares.
(b) Food and beverage discounts are only redeemable at participating Greyhound-owned food service locations. Members must present their Member ID and picture ID to receive the discount.
(c) Companion Passes and Free Trip Tickets are valid for either a one-way or round-trip fare and are subject to special terms and conditions.
- In order to redeem your Road Reward benefit online, simply log on to the website located at www.greyhound.com/help-and-info/road-rewards/ and enter your login and password. Select Use My Reward for the reward you want to use." To redeem in the terminal you can either bring in a reward voucher you received via email with your reward promo code, or you can print a reward voucher to bring in to the terminal. You will also need your Member ID to redeem your reward. To redeem by phone, call the Greyhound Fare and Schedule Line at 1-800-231-2222. You will need your reward promo code and your Member ID number.
- All Road Rewards awarded have no cash value and are void if sold, purchased, brokered, or bartered. All transactions in the Program are subject to review and adjustment by Greyhound. Greyhound reserves the right to cancel your membership, reverse any awards, or void any tickets if a Member(s) misuses or violates these Rules.
- All Road Rewards or any rights granted by Greyhound under this Program, including but not limited to account numbers, Member IDs, tickets, and discounts are nontransferable under any circumstances.
- To earn benefits, you must reach the Point milestones during a twelve (12) month period from your enrollment date. For example, if you enroll in the Program on May 1, 2015 you have until April 30, 2016 to earn the six (6) Points required for the benefits listed above. On each anniversary of your enrollment, your Point totals are reset to zero and you start earning Points again.
- Your twelve (12) month period begins when your membership information is entered into the system OR the date of your first trip on which your membership card is used.
You can redeem any unused Road Reward benefits after each is awarded and deposited in your membership account. Your Road Reward benefits expire in accordance with these guidelines.
Road Reward Expiration Date Ticket purchase discounts of 15% or 20% Six (6) months from date awarded Free Trip Tickets Twelve (12) months from date awarded Companion Passes Three (3) months from date awarded Food & Beverage discount of 10% On the anniversary date of your enrollment
For example, if you are awarded your sixth Point on July 1, 2008, you have until September 30, 2008 to redeem the Companion Pass.
- Free Trip Tickets are valid for a one-way or round-trip fare to any location Greyhound (or participating carriers) serves in the continental U.S. Travel must occur on Greyhound (or participating carriers) schedules only. All standard ticket tariff rules apply. If a Free Trip Ticket is lost, stolen or replaced, you assume all liability for its loss.
- Free Companion Pass Tickets are valid for a one-way or round-trip fare to any location Greyhound (or participating carriers) serve in the continental U.S., however your companion must check in with you and travel on the same trip as you. All standard ticket tariff rules apply. You will automatically be notified of eligibility and be provided rules and instructions regarding Free Companion Pass Tickets when such Benefit is awarded.
- All Road Rewards are subject to seat availability restrictions. Free Companion Pass Tickets and Free Tickets are subject to standard blackout dates. Discounts cannot be combined with any other discount program or special rates. Not valid in connection with a discovery pass purchase.
The following trips or segments are ineligible for Destination Points under the Program:
- Non revenue (free) and service-charged tickets, (unless specifically designated as eligible); charter trips or trade out tickets;
- Stops at intermediate cities on connecting or through trips or the purchase of multiple tickets as part of the same trip;
- Free Trips or Companion Trips earned under this Program;
- Ticket purchases that are refunded for any reason.
- Members do not earn Points if the name on their government-issued photo identification does not match the name on the Road Rewards account. Greyhound reserves the right to deduct Points from your account if we later determine, at our sole and reasonable discretion, the Point was erroneously deposited.
- Membership in the Road Rewards program is for individual travelers only. Individuals must enroll separately and may not pool or combine credits with other Members. Members are limited to one account. Minors (children under the age of 18), corporations, and other entities are not eligible to become Members.
- Greyhound reserves the right to cancel the membership of any Member with no Points in his/her account and who has not earned any Points for at least 6 consecutive months.
- Greyhound Road Rewards are only available to U.S. residents.
- All supplemental taxes, facility use fees, or fees (of any kind) are the responsibility of the Member and must be paid for at the time of purchase. These fees are not considered eligible Road Rewards under this Program.
- Greyhound may from time to time offer "bonus" awards or credits, partnership programs, or promotional incentives to Members. Such offers are not a part of the Program's formal award structure and may only be offered a limited period of time. Greyhound reserves the right to modify or eliminate such offers at any time. The offers are void where prohibited by law.
- Upon enrolling in the Program, you may create a password so that you can access your account via www.greyhound.com/help-and-info/road-rewards/ at any time and also so that you may update or change your address or profile information at your convenience. You will receive your award notification via email and award notification information will also be displayed in your Road Rewards online profile.
- Greyhound (or a participating carrier) reserves the right to suspend or terminate this Program at any time; however, you will still be able to utilize your Road Rewards after the benefits are awarded. Greyhound (or a participating carrier) may change the Rules at any time with or without notice to you.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.