September 18, 2003
Greyhound Lines is taking steps to ensure the safety of its customers and employees during the severe weather situation caused by Hurricane Isabel. Following is the latest schedule information as of 2:30 p.m. EDT until further notice.
The following Greyhound locations remain closed: Norfolk, Va.; Camp Le Jeune, NC; Morehead City, NC; Washington, NC; Wilmington, NC; and Wallace, NC. The following Greyhound locations will close on Sept. 18: Richmond, Va., at 3:15 p.m. EDT, and Washington, DC, at 6 p.m. EDT.
Outbound schedules from Richmond will continue to operate with the last schedule leaving at 3:15 p.m., EDT. Any northbound schedules into Richmond will be held in Fayetteville, NC, and Charlotte, NC. Richmond is expected to resume service to Washington, DC at 7 a.m. EDT on Sept. 19. Service to Fayetteville, NC will resume at 7:30 a.m. EDT on Sept. 19.
Outbound schedules from Washington, DC, will continue to operate with the last schedule leaving at 6 p.m., EDT. Any schedules arriving or departing after 6 p.m. have been cancelled. Following are the remaining Washington, DC schedules available for departure:
|Schedule ||Departure Time (EDT)|
|2350 to New York ||4:30 p.m.|
|3929 to Richmond ||5:15 p.m.|
|502 to New York ||5:30 p.m.|
|2460 to New York ||5:45 p.m.|
|1622 to Pittsburgh ||6:15 p.m. (last schedule)|
Washington, DC is expected to re-open northbound service to New York at 7 a.m. EDT on Sept. 19. However, schedules between Washington, DC and Pittsburgh are cancelled until 11 a.m. EDT on Sept. 19. New York is expected to resume southbound service to Washington, DC at 7:45 a.m., and service to Florida at 7:45 a.m. EDT on Sept. 19.
All northbound schedules from all points in Florida that are destined for locations beyond Fayetteville, NC have been cancelled. All northbound schedules out of Charlotte, NC will be cancelled starting at 5 p.m. EDT.
The following schedules have been cancelled for Sept. 18 from points in North Carolina:
- Charlotte, NC to Wilmington, NC, Richmond, Va., New York, NY, and Washington, DC
- Raleigh, NC to Norfolk; Washington, NC; and Morehead City, NC
- Wallace, NC to Camp Le Jeune, NC
- Washington, NC to Raleigh, NC
- Camp Le Jeune, NC to Richmond, Va., Wallace, NC and Fayetteville, NC
- Morehead City, NC to Raleigh, NC
- Wilmington, NC to Norfolk, Va. and New York, NY
- Fayetteville, NC to Jacksonville, NC, Camp Le Jeune, NC, and New York, NY
- Jacksonville, NC to Fayetteville, NC
- Salisbury, Md. to Philadelphia, Pa.
The following schedules have been cancelled for Sept. 18 from points in South Carolina:
- North Charleston, SC to Richmond, Va.
- Columbia, SC to Richmond, Va.
The following schedules have been cancelled for Sept. 18 from points in Virginia:
- Norfolk, Va. to Raleigh, NC, Richmond, Va., Wytheville, Va., and Philadelphia, Pa.
- Richmond, Va. to Williamsburg, Va., Norfolk, Va., Roanoke, Va., Washington, DC, Philadelphia, Pa., Columbia, SC and Rocky Mount, NC
- Roanoke, Va. to Richmond, Va. and Washington, DC
- Wytheville, Va. to Norfolk, Va.
- Virginia Beach, Va. to New York, NY
The following schedules have been cancelled for Sept. 18 from points in the Northeast:
- New York, NY to Norfolk, Va., Virginia Beach, Va., Washington, DC, Charlotte, NC, Fayetteville, NC and Wilmington, NC
- Washington, DC to Richmond, Va., Roanoke, Va., Philadelphia, Pa. (Eastern Shore), Harrisburg, Pa., Knoxville, Tenn. and Atlantic City, NJ
- Ocean City, Md. to Philadelphia, Pa.
- Harrisburg, Pa. to Washington, DC
- Philadelphia, Pa. to Richmond, Va., Ocean City, Md. and Salisbury, Md.
- Knoxville, Tenn. to Washington, DC
- Atlantic City, NJ to Washington, DC
As the weather system moves, this information will change. Customers should call the Greyhound fare and schedule hotline at 1-800-231-2222 for the latest schedule information and any possible delays in their area.
Greyhound will continue to monitor the National Weather Service reports and work closely with state law enforcement authorities to assess road conditions and determine when and where it is safe to travel. Updates will be posted on www.greyhound.com and the fare and schedule hotline as they come in.