Note to Editors: If you are planning to feature a story on Easter travel, don't forget Greyhound. We have more than 3,700 locations, five times more than Amtrak and the airlines combined. You are always invited to visit our terminals to see that more people are "going Greyhound."
Greyhound anticipates the number of passengers carried to increase by 3.5 percent from last year's five-day Easter holiday. During the Easter holiday in 1999, the company carried 337,000 passengers, totaling $11.5 million in sales.
Greyhound has more than 21,000 daily departures including the United States, Canada and Mexico. The success of the company is attributed to everyday, low fares, frequent arrivals and departures, and the ability to add buses as needed for busy schedules.
Passengers can get information about fares and schedules on the Greyhound web site at www.greyhound.com, or by calling toll-free 1-800-231-2222.
We recommend the following travel tips:
- Call ahead for schedule and price information or visit the Web site.
- Always pack belongings in durable luggage that is tagged with your personal information. Carry valuables, medicine and important items with you in a bag on the bus.
- Bring snacks, reading material, a headset and a small pillow for your riding enjoyment.
- Arrive at the terminal at least an hour before your departure.
- On longer trips, ask the agent about meal stops so you can plan your food and beverage needs accordingly.