Greyhound Revolutionizes Bus Travel with all-new Website
New Greyhound.com focuses on simplifying the booking experience, providing more information for customers and further demonstrating the brand’s transformation
DALLAS (Nov. 5, 2015) – Greyhound, the largest intercity bus company in North America, today announced an all-new Greyhound.com that completely reinvents the way customers plan and book bus travel. Featuring a fresh, modern design, simple navigation and rich content, the site was built from the ground up to help customers find the best fares, book easier, and check out travel tips and suggestions for their next trip. The new site centers on customers’ needs and interests, and is the brand’s latest milestone in its transformation.
In addition to the clean look and simple navigation, key features of the new website include:
- New fare options – New easy-to-understand fares, each with a variety of benefits such as free checked bags, priority boarding and additional Road Rewards points.
- Route details – Customers know what to expect during their journey, with information about the types of stops and what services are available at each stop.
- Travel policy details – Frequently asked questions on topics such as baggage, ticketing and service needs, are clearly communicated, making travel easier than ever.
- Inspiring travel content – Videos showcase real customers’ journeys and Greyhound employees, and city-specific recommendations highlight what to do or see, to assist customers when planning their trip.
- New look for tickets – Tickets have a clean, simplified look where information such as schedule number, origin/destination and boarding time is easily found. It also includes helpful tips for baggage and traveling by bus, as well as station information.
- Filter search results – Customers can easily sort search results by departure time, price or fastest route, as well as compare online vs. offline prices to find the best deal.
“We carefully listened to our customers and are excited for them to see how we’ve put their needs at the forefront with this new site,” said Andy Kaplinsky, Chief Commercial Officer, Greyhound Lines, Inc. “This is the latest in a series of big, game-changing improvements we are making to provide a better experience for our customers. Our goal is for customers to not only think of us as a company that is easy to do business with, but as one of the best options when exploring travel choices.”
Customers can enjoy a refreshed end-to-end travel experience with Greyhound, from booking their journey to riding on one of the more than 1,200 new coaches that feature modern amenities such as free on-board Wi-Fi, power outlets, leather seats, guaranteed seating, extra legroom, footrests and on-board restrooms.
Other updates announced by Greyhound earlier this year include the launch of BusTracker on the Greyhound mobile app and Greyhound.com, giving customers real-time information about whether their bus is early, on time or delayed. Other enhancements to the website are underway and will be announced in the coming weeks.
“This is an exciting time at Greyhound,” Kaplinsky added. “We are proud to continue to evolve Greyhound as a modern, convenient and affordable travel option to customers as we unveil these improvements — with much more to come!”
To learn more, visit the new website at www.greyhound.com.
Greyhound is the largest North American provider of intercity bus transportation, serving more than 3,800 destinations across the continent. The company also provides Greyhound Package Express (GPX) and charter services. For fare and schedule information and to buy tickets call 1-800-231-2222 or visit the website at www.greyhound.com. In Mexico, customers can visit www.greyhound.com.mx or call 01-800-AUTOBUS. For the latest news and travel deals, follow GreyhoundBus on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GreyhoundBus, Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GreyhoundBus, or follow our blog, The Hound, at http://www.bloggreyhound.com.
Contact: Lanesha Gipson at 214-849-7846
Contact: Ashley Sears at 214-849-6826Back