Greyhound to Open New Sacramento Terminal in July; The sleek, modern terminal is sI'ver LEED-certified and designed to be more efficient for bus service and provide better passenger accommodations.
DALLAS (July 13, 2011) — On Wednesday, July 13, Greyhound Vice President of Customer Service Myron Watkins and Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson provided a first-hand look inside the new Sacramento Greyhound terminal, 420 Richards Blvd. The Greyhound terminal will be 10,000 square feet with six bus bays, a sleek, modern facade and an onsite restaurant serving hot meals and snacks. It is scheduled to open by the end of July.
"We are so pleased to offer open our new Sacramento terminal for passengers," said Watkins. "Mayor Johnson and the City of Sacramento Economic Development team have been tremendous advocates in this process, and we sincerely appreciate their assistance and focus. We look forward to serving as good community partners for many years to come."
The new terminal is the sI'ver LEED-certified and uses strategies that improve energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions and indoor environmental quality. Design features incorporated on the Sacramento build include:
- Controlled passenger waiting areas
- Meets latest Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design standards
- Designed to mitigate storm water runoff with slanted parking lot, drainage swales and detention ponds to filter runoff
- Self certified as SI'ver LEED
- Daylight harvesting — system of natural lighting elements (windows and skylights) that are monitored with photo cells to control dimmable light fixtures
- Tall volume ceilings help cool the building
- Concrete flooring is sustainable by helping with thermal mass
Funding for the new terminal was provided by a combination of impact fees, redevelopment funds and capital improvement funds.
Greyhound is the largest North American provider of intercity bus transportation, serving more than 3,800 destinations across the continent. The company also provides Greyhound Package Express (GPX) and charter services. For fare and schedule information and to buy tickets call 1-800-231-2222 or visit the website at www.greyhound.com. For the latest news and travel deals, follow GreyhoundBus on Twitter at http://twitter.com/GreyhoundBus and Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/GreyhoundBus.
Contact: Greyhound Media Relations at 214-849-7846Back