Everyone needs the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the community and to society. Greyhound seeks ways to create access to such opportunities for those who wouldn't ordinarily have the resources to do so. Our goal is to create a better community and a better workforce, instilling a sense of pride in Greyhound employees, its customers and those who benefit from the programs we support.
Please note: Greyhound is no longer accepting proposals, as we are unable to fund any new donation requests.
Requests for Transportation
Greyhound does not normally provide free transportation for individuals who are financially disadvantaged. Not only are our fares always kept as low as possible, but we provide charitable discounts through other organizations. In-kind bus service for other community or charitable projects will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Organizations we Support
- American Organ Transplant Association (AOTA): Organ transplant patients are eligible for free transportation. Please contact the AOTA at 713-344-2402 or visit their Web site at http://www.aotaonline.org/.
- American Red Cross: Greyhound works with the local Red Cross Chapter in times of emergency and natural disaster only. Contact your local Red Cross for more information. To find a Red Cross chapter nearest you, please visit http://www.redcross.org/.
- Home Free: Free transportation home for runaways is provided on Greyhound in conjunction with the National Runaway Switchboard. A youth who calls the switchboard is eligible for a ticket home if he or she is 12-20 years old, is willing to return home to their legal guardian, the legal guardian wishes them to return home, the guardian has filed a runaway report, and the program has not been used by the youth two times before. To reach the National Runaway Switchboard, call toll free 1-800-RUNAWAY. For more information, please visit http://www.1800runaway.org/.
- Let's Find Them: Free transportation to bring abducted children back home on Greyhound is available under this program. Contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 or visit http://www.ncmec.org/.
- Travelers Aid International: Greyhound provides benefits to Travelers Aid members in the form of discounts. Travelers Aid is a social services organization that provides assistance to those in need. For a list of Travelers Aid locations, please consult the directory at http://www.travelersaid.org/.
- Veteran's Administration Hospitals: Patients traveling to and from Veteran's Administration Hospitals are eligible for discounts. Contact the Veteran's Administration Hospital at which the traveler will be or is a patient.
Need volunteers? The Helping Hound program provides employee volunteers for community programs and events that will help under-served constituencies develop skills, knowledge and confidence. If you are hosting a charitable event and need volunteers, please download our Volunteer Request Form.