Last summer the company carried 1.4 million passengers in June, July and August.
TORONTO (June 27, 2000) - Greyhound is gearing up for summer in Canada by adding new schedules and offering new summer "friendly fares." To help get the word out to customers, Greyhound has developed an advertising and television campaign featuring the Friendly Go Anywhere Summer Fare.
The fare is $159 for a one-way ticket to travel anywhere Greyhound in Canada goes starting June 23 through September 3, 2000. The ticket requires a seven-day advance purchase.
"The Friendly Go Anywhere advance purchase fare is popular because you can travel to any point serviced by Greyhound for one low price," said Cheryl Heilman, marketing manager.
In Ontario, passengers traveling on Greyhound will find the new schedules offer more options. Additional frequency has been added to the following schedules:
- Ottawa to Toronto semi-express departing at 6 p.m. totalling nine daily departures.
- Toronto to Ottawa semi-express departing at 6:30 p.m. totalling nine daily departures.
- Toronto to Chicago departing at 8:30 a.m. and arriving at 6:30 a.m. Now, three daily round trips are offered.
- Toronto to New York City departing at 7:30 a.m. totalling six daily departures.
- A daily departure from Toronto to Miami through Washington D.C. departing at 8:15 p.m.
- A daily departure from Washington D.C. to Toronto arriving at 10:40 a.m.
- Two schedules from Toronto to Niagara Falls departing at 7:35 a.m. and 9 p.m. totaling eight departures.
- Two Toronto to Niagara Falls schedules at 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. have been extended to Welland. They depart Welland for Niagara Falls and Toronto at 1:10 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. This will significantly improve the service levels for passenger and courier express service in this area.
"We've worked hard to improve our service by eliminating bus changes and adding more frequent schedules to accommodate our passengers during these busy summer months," said John Shamrock, manager, scheduling.
"We anticipate an even more successful summer this year," said Kevin Lawless, director, national passenger pricing and planning. "Last summer, we serviced 1.4 million passengers throughout our system in June, July and August and we are expecting an even busier summer this year. Improvements in our schedules will help accommodate the increase in business and provide our passengers with more opportunities to try Greyhound's services."
Greyhound Lines, Inc. is the largest North American provider of intercity bus transportation, serving more than 3,700 destinations with 20,000 daily departures across the continent. The company also provides package and courier express service, charter and tour services and food service at certain terminals.
In Canada, for fare and schedule information call 1-800-661-8747 or visit the Web site at www.greyhound.ca.
In the U.S., for fare and schedule information call 1-800-231-2222 or visit the Web site at www.greyhound.com.