DALLAS (July 19, 2011) – Greyhound will finalize all construction and open its doors at the new 10,000 square foot Sacramento terminal, 420 Richards Blvd., at 5 a.m. on Wednesday, July 27. The first incoming bus will arrive at 5:55 a.m. from Los Angeles. Two departing buses will leave the terminal at 7 a.m., one bound for Portland and another for San Francisco.
The new terminal features six bus bays, a sleek, modern design and an onsite restaurant serving hot meals and snacks. It is the silver LEED-certified and uses strategies that improve energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions and indoor environmental quality. Design features incorporated on the Sacramento build include:
• Controlled passenger waiting areas
• Meets latest Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design standards
• Designed to mitigate storm water runoff with slanted parking lot, drainage swales and detention ponds to filter runoff
• Daylight harvesting – system of natural lighting elements (windows and skylights) that are
• monitored with photo cells to control dimmable light fixtures
• Tall volume ceilings help cool the building
• Concrete flooring is sustainable by helping with thermal mass
Funding for the new terminal was provided by a combination of impact fees, redevelopment funds and capital improvement funds.
Greyhound is the largest North American provider of intercity bus transportation, serving more than 3,800 destinations across the continent. The company also provides Greyhound Package Express (GPX) and charter services. For fare and schedule information and to buy tickets call 1-800-231-2222 or visit the website at www.greyhound.com. For the latest news and travel deals, follow GreyhoundBus on Twitter at http://twitter.com/GreyhoundBus and Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/GreyhoundBus.